Times Online – The Blasphemy Collection
The concept of blasphemy seemed for some decades to be in decline in the West, but not any more. It may be useful to look back at some recent cases of militantly religious outrage…
- Vulgarity –the piece shocked through its conflation of the sacred and the profane
- Criminality –the piece contravened laws in a given country
- Religious impact –the work caused outrage from religious leaders
- Political impact –speeches were made by governments, laws were created or changed.
- Deaths – outrage at the work led to the death of one or more people